Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

All-Canadian Comics: Red Leaf Edition

As I was typing out yesterday's post about Cloudscape's anthology book, the name "All-Canadian Comics" felt familiar.  It has a classic, golden age sound to it though, so I just assumed that I'd come across the original version at some point in the past and didn't give it any further thought.

Then I was reminded this morning that Red Leaf Comics has a book coming out very soon with that very same name.


The above is a display of good customer service from Red Leaf Comics (pay attention, IndyPlanet).  As a result of ordering a few of their books (The Leaf numbers one through three, as well as a couple of Sky Watchers issues for the sake of the Gryfalcon story), publisher John Michael Helmer slipped me a sneak peek at the cover for the above book, expected to be available shortly.

The Red Leaf version of All-Canadian will feature the character above, named The Canadian Guard, and a separate story involving Ogopogo.

I know nothing about the character aside from the obvious, but I do know that there's an American Guard character floating around.  Mark F. Davis writes that character for Surprising Comics and he is also listed as a writer for Red Leaf.  If that isn't a team-up book waiting to happen, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment